Here’s 7 ways to research a market…
1. Get on the email lists of the big players in a market you’re looking at possibly going into.
When you do this see what sort of voice they have and what they’re selling, how they are positioning it etc.
2. Go to Clickbank’s Marketplace and have a look at the top 5 products being sold in a market you’re interested in.
Here’s the link to go and have a look: http://www.clickbank.com/marketplace
3. Have a look at the best-sellers list at Amazon.com. Amazon.com (in the “books” section) for keywords and phrases that are related to your particular market. (e.g. “business coaching” or “cooking” or “stock market”) You should find a nice list of books ranked inorder of popularity.
4. Search Google.com to see what topics your “competition” has created products on. Pay attention to those listed on the first page and those who are advertising in the ads on the right hand side of the screen.
5. Go to popular article directories.
6. Look at offline magazines in your potential markets.
Go to a bookstore, library or go online: Magazines.com and look at their covers. You see, they know that market extremely well and they write headlines to get that market to buy the magazine. This is one of the easiest ways to find out hot topics and what is current.
7. Look at forums in your potential markets.
To find forums in your potential market just go to Google and search for your market followed by forum. So if it was Internet marketing you put in “internet marketing forum” and click search. Once you find a forum then look to see what the common problems are.
It’s a fact….testing and tracking your website will increase profits BUT it’s so time consuming, boring and tedious…isn’t it?
Well, now you get your website testing and tracking done for you . Go here to watch a free video to learn how: http://www.MYeMetrics.com